I thought it would be fun to do a little research about kissing, a subject near the heart of romance readers and writers alike:)
Sure everyone knows what kissing is, but how much do you really know about your favourite subject? Read on and test your knowledge. See how many of these fun facts about kissing you already knew.
1. Kissing someone activates 29 of your facial muscles. In other words, frequent kissing could contribute to the prevention of wrinkles. Bet you never thought kissing was exercise, did you?
2. Sorry if this grosses you out...but lovers swap saliva containing various substances e.g. fats, mineral salts, proteins while kissing. According to studies, this exchange can boost the production of antibodies which deal specifically with disease-fighting antigens.
3. And now for some statistics. Did you know 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing? I guess the rest just like to watch.
4. According to U.S. statistics, an American woman would kiss an average of 80 men before she gets married. Hmmm...sounds a little high to me. Or maybe they just really like kissing.
5. A quick romantic kiss will burn about 2-3 calories, whereas french kissing will burn more than 5 calories. I have to say, this kissing as an exercise thing is sounding pretty good to me.
6. Your lips are 200 times more sensitive than your fingers.
7. Tell those time-strapped husbands of yours, that men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work, apparently live five years longer than those who just slam the door. To be honest, I don't even remember where I read this, but it does seem like a teeny bit of a stretch to believe. Still...it doesn't hurt to tell them you read it on the internet, though does it? 🙂
8. Those passionate french know a good thing when they invent it, bless their hearts. They refer to french kissing as a “juncture of souls”. And not just the lips come into play here, but the tongue comes out to play too.
9. When two people kiss, their bodies produce a substance 200 times more powerful than morphine in terms of narcotic effect. No doubt, that's why kissing can be such bliss!
10. Here's a good one for all you ladies: kissing can help women relax and ease the effects of stress.
11. On average, a person spends 20,160 minutes (two weeks) of their life kissing.
12. Most people have had their first romantic kiss by the time they reach age 14.
And that about wraps it up folks. Hope you enjoyed my little summary of fun facts about kissing. There's plenty more of that to be had in Once In A Blue Kentucky Moon (book 1 of The Harrisons). Find out more below and happy kissing...ah reading:)
For a Limited Time get Once In A Blue Kentucky Moon
for 99c !
Once In A Blue Kentucky Moon will soon be returning to full price, so if you haven't started reading about The Harrisons yet, now is the perfect opportunity!